Friday, February 13, 2009

No.Pictures.on.RESUMES.

Please. Please please please people. If there is one trend in resumes right now that needs to GO AWAY it's the picture on the resume. There are numerous reasons I can't stand this. One, does it really tell me anything? REALLY? Let me answer that for you. NO. It does not! There is a good chance you might look like the former boyfriend I hate. Want to know what happens to your resume then? I will give you one guess where it gets filed to. Maybe you think you are attractive and you aren't. There are a million and ten reasons this is a bad idea. People discriminate. It's illegal, but it happens. Make your resume the best possible reflection of who you are, your skills, your volunteer work, your licenses and qualifications. Highlight great things you have done with your life. But do not put a picture on it. I don't care how cute you think you are. Of course, if you look like David......

No comments:

Post a Comment