Wednesday, December 21, 2011

THIS is why I am over the Fireman

Listen. With cell phones, text messaging, instant messaging, Facebook messaging, Skype, etc etc etc, “I’m too busy” just isn’t an excuse, especially when it happens repeatedly. You’re not being needy, you’re not making it up in your head, but you are getting the blowoff.
I’ve been waiting to share this story, and this is a perfect opportunity: My girlfriend is dating a guy who travels all over the world for work, for weeks at a time. Recently, I asked how that was going and she said he’d been texting her from Antarctica. ANTARCTICA.
If someone wants to make the effort, he will, and that’s the truth. Text messages are the minimal effort someone should give, and if he can’t, it’s because he doesn’t feel like it.

Thank you for stating the obvious, BBlove.  I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment